Work Permits

Students / employees under 18 years of age in Indiana are under U. S.  Department of Labor work restrictions, and therefore, require an official work permit. Any student needing a work permit must first be hired by an employer and then request the appropriate paperwork (Indiana or Ohio) from the guidance secretary. East Central supports Indiana's Bureau of Child Labor policies, and therefore, reserves the right to refuse or revoke a work permit issued to a student based upon poor grades and/or attendance. Students are expected to be passing at least five subjects and be in good standing regarding attendance. Any students with poor grades, excessive absences, or ongoing discipline history will be in jeopardy of losing the permit.

To request a work permit, please contact the school office.